Wear Care Share
Wear to evoke conversation, Care to be the one for someone, Share to help reduce stigma.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- i understand suicide is an effect of illness or pain
- i understand mental/brain health illnesses are treatable and preventable
- i understand stigma is the #1 reason why someone would not seek treatment for mental/brain illness; education and awareness are vital to saving and changing lives
- i understand reaching out to those who are suffering could save a life; let someone know you are available and treat them with respect and compassion
- i understand most people who are suicidal do not want to die; they want their pain to end
- i understand speaking out about suicide may empower others to share their stories
- i understand feelings of guilt are part of the grieving process on the way to finding peace and acceptance
- i understand those who die by suicide do make it to heaven
Change the Conversation, Change Lives
Love heals and can be found in unexpected places.
Vonnie Woodrick, founder of i understand, shares her passion for changing the definition of suicide and how her journey led to hope and understanding.